Drivers Education is offered through a certified private instructor and held at Fruitland High School. There is no set schedule for when these classes begin and end. Dates are set by the instructor and Fruitland High School has no control over them.
FALL 2017 Class Schedule
Monday through Wednesday beginning October 10, 2017
from 6:30 am to 8:00 am
Application numbers are extremely large and there are a very limited number of seats available for this. Selection of students will be by the oldest 30 students who meet all criteria as follows:
- Age: Student must be 14 1/2 years old on or before the first day of class.
- Grades: Must not be failing any classes at the time of class selection. If selection occurs in August or September, the student must have passed all classes the previous semester.
- Attendance: Student must be on track for less than 10 absences in any class. If too early to determine this, the principal will make this decision based on current attendance, the attendance of the previous semester, and discussion with the student and/or parent. The student must not have more than one truancy in any class.
- Students who do not attend a Fruitland district school will only be admitted if all Fruitland students have been accepted and there are remaining open spots in the class. Homeschooled* students who reside in the Fruitland district will be treated as a Fruitland student. Documentation of homeschool status may be required.
- IDLA Students: Students will not be allowed to enroll in the online driver’s education class without written verification from a driving instructor. The permit must go to the driving instructor, not FSD. Students may not use the FHS driving instructor but must locate their own certified instructor and provide written documentation from that instructor prior to being enrolled in the IDLA class.
- Incoming Freshmen students, regardless of age, must wait until the Summer class after the 8th-grade year to apply.
- All past due fees/fines must be paid in full. (Including if taking a drivers ed class online or privately).
- Students who fail to purchase their permit by the due date or who do not attend the first class will be immediately withdrawn from the class and the next person(s) in line will be contacted.
*Idaho regulations state “Students enrolled in a home-education program must have been enrolled in the program for at least one school year prior to the verification of attendance request unless documentation can be provided for meeting the attendance requirement for the school year immediately prior to the year in which you are enrolled in the home education program. When your parents sign the liability statement, they must also sign a statement that you are in compliance with the school attendance provisions of Idaho Code.”
The application window is now closed
Late applications are not be accepted.
The application link will be posted here when it is open.
Class Information & Requirements:
FALL, 2017 Information
- Fall class dates will be Monday through Wednesday beginning on October 10th. From 6:30 am to 8:00 am in the North Wing of FHS. Schedules will be handed out on the first day of class.
- You must be 14 1/2 years old on or before the first day of class
- You are required to attend 30 hours of class with 6 hours of observation in the car and 6 hours of driving behind the wheel. Absenteeism, tardiness, and attitude will be subject to termination from the class.
- If you are involved in extra-curricular activities or athletics, make sure that it does not interfere with classes. Morning classes are not flexible and can’t be re-arranged, however driving schedules can be flexible for the extra-curricular students. Be ready to make the commitment!
- There is a $119.50 fee for the class. This fee is due to the Fruitland School District Office (not the high school office) no later than 3:30 pm on Friday, October 6th. Failure to pay by this deadline may result in forfeiture of your spot in the class. The high school office does not accept this payment.
- Notice of acceptance, instructions, and all necessary paperwork will be given to the student on or before September 21st.
- The driving permit must be purchased by Friday, October 6th.