Policy Title: Staff Dress and Appearance Code No: 427
As professionals in our schools, we realize and value the public’s perception of our roles as mentors and models for students. Therefore, the following dress code will apply to all teachers, counselors, aides, secretaries, and administrators throughout the school district. It is to be applied for all the days students are present, and for parent-teacher conferences.
- Clothes that maintain a professional and appropriate appearance
- Clothes that are neat, clean, and in good repair.
Rules of staff dress code*
- No denim jeans**
- No skirts or slits in skirts/dresses that are shorter than 4 inches above the knee
- No cleavage showing – neckline appropriate
- No spaghetti straps, no sleeveless less than two (2) inches, unless covered by a jacket or a top
- No graphic T-shirts
- No hats
- No showing of skin between shirts and pants/skirts
- All staff will wear their district issued ID badges
- No flip flops
- School principal/supervisor discretion on questionable clothing
** Jeans allowed for the following:
- Job related and/or outside projects/class activities for Shop, AG, PE, Art, Science, custodial, and copier operator.
- Field trips as appropriate
- Possible casual Fridays or at principal/supervisor’s discretion
School district staff members who do not, in the judgment of the principal/supervisor, reasonably conform to this dress code shall receive a notice from their principal/ supervisor. Repeated violations or refusal to comply with the directions of the principal/ supervisor by an employee could result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.